Week four is over and I feel like I’ve got better control of what I’m eating and holding myself accountable by tracking every bite, lick and taste. When you are completely honest with yourself and track everything, it really makes you think twice about what you eat.
I’m excited for this weeks loss of 3lbs, making it a total of 5.6 for the month! That’s a little more than a pound a week. That’s a good start and this next month I think will get even better. Not swapping my activity points is a good plan for now. This keeps me from abusing that hard work I’ve put in. The bonus points should be enough for food splurges.
Here’s to another great week!🍸
There are a few things that inspire me ~
1. My children are first on the list. I base the decisions I make, actions I take and words that I speak based on the fact that I want my children to be proud that I am their mother. Even when it comes to diet and exercise I want to lead by example. I try not to hang my hat on the “do what I say not what I do” theory of parenting (always harder to do than say!). I want my children to see me eating right and being active.
2. Other peoples success. No matter the size of the success, seeing someone else do something they didn’t think they could or try something they never thought they would-it makes me feel good. Seeing my friends post their workouts on Facebook motivates me to go take a walk or even take the stairs in place of the elevator. It pushes me to do things out of my comfort level and to put a little extra effort in when I think I’m all out.
3. Sharing. That’s why I began sharing my daily food diary and now my weekly weigh-ins. By sharing them with essentially anyone who wants to look-I’m putting myself out there. We all know that’s a double edge sword, because you are bound to get some less than desirable feedback from time to time. But without hearing comments and critism, I’ll never push myself harder the next time. It puts me in competition with myself.
What inspires you?
Water. I know I don’t drink enough of it. So I figured this would be the best monthly challenge to get back in the groove of things. For the next 31 days the challenge is simple. Drink water ~ eight ounces, eight glasses per day.
Comment or share this post if you’re in on the challenge. It’s summertime here in Connecticut and the weathers been hot, so drinking water should be no problem!
Today is my FRESH START FRIDAY.
I’m hitting the reset button and starting from the ground floor. No excuses. I’m making time for me and taking charge of my health and nutrition. Here’s my 30 day short term goal:
1. Track my food. Everyday. No skipping, no lying on portion sizes. Write it down.
2. Move. Even if it means taking a walk around the block before going into work in the morning and before heading home. Those are times I’m kid free!! 10 minutes in the morning and 10 minutes are a good start.
3. Drink more water.
Sounds fairly reasonable, but it’s time to make time for me. I’ll be posting my food diary on Instagram #lilyboxing, if you want to check in on me. I’ll cross post the really good ones onto the Facebook page.
I want to get back to where I feel good enough to start running again and boxing. I love both of those things. I felt amazing. I want to feel that way again.
Who’s with me on making a Fresh Start today?