You can target your biggest trouble zone. Fifteen minutes is just enough time to effectively work your upper body, burning approximitly 96 calories.
Complete all of the Shoulders/Arms exercises using a pair of 5 to 10 pound dumbbells, working this muscle group twice a week. Perform this as a circuit, doing 4 sets of 12-15 reps each.
- Lateral Raise: Stand with feet hip width aoart, holding dumbbells at sides, with palms facing in. Lift arms out to shoulder height, keeping elbows soft, palms facing forward. HOld for one count, and then lower. For the last set of the circuit, do 15 reps using only right arm, the switch sides and repeat.
- Biceps Curl Into Shoulder Press:
- Hold dumbbells in front of thighs with palms facing forward. Bend elbows and curl weights towards shoulders
- Once weights are at shoulder height, tuen palms forward, bring elbows up to shoulder height, and lift weights together overhead. Lower to start and repeat.
- For final circuit do 15 reps using only right arm, then switch sides and repeat.
- Triceps Kickback: Stand with feet hip width apart, knees slightly bent, holding dumbbells with palms facing sides. Bend from waist until upper body is almost parallel to floor, keeping back straight. Bend elbows to ribs, then slowly straighten arms behind you, keeping upper arms still. Bring weights toward chest and repeat. For final circuit, do 15 reps using only right arm, then switch sides and repeat.
Check out part two for Butt and Leg 15 minute workout!