This quick routine comes from Jeanette Soloma, a Los Angeles trainer and it will sculpt your upper body, no equipment required!
Perform each circuit twice, then end with a brisk 5 minute walk.
- Push-ups – Full or on knees (20 reps)
- Knee-ups – Stand and quickly alternate lifting right and left knee to hip height (Do as many as you can for one minute)
- Goal Post Press – Extend arms out to sides at shoulder height, elbows bent 90 degrees, palms forward. Raise arms over head, then lower to start (30 reps)
- Jumping Jacks – 30 reps
- Upper Bells – Stand with feet shoulder width apart, knees slightly bent. Place fingers behind head and bring right elbow toward right hip, then left elbow toward left hip (25 reps per side)
- Jab/Cross – Stand with feet shoulder width apart, left foot forward, knees slightly bent. Jab forward with left fist, then cross over with right fist – do as many as possible for one minute – switch sides for second circuit
- Planks with Cross-overs – Begin in full push up position. Pull right knee toward left elbow, keeping abs tight and back flat, return to start and repeat, alternating sides (15 reps per side)
Fitness Magazine July 2007