Check out this super quick workout fifteen minutes to be exact, to curb the muffin top, smooth out those hips and trim your thighs:
Click here for a printable version.
Butterfly: Targets abs, butt, hamstrings and inner/outer thighs
- Stand with your feet wider than shoulder width apart, toes turned out and arms extended out to your sides at shoulder level with your palms down
- Bend your knees until thighs are parallel to the floor and lower your arms so that your wrists cross in front of your hips
- Hold for a count of 3 then squeeze your glutes as you straighten your legs and rise onto your toes (or jump in the air) Sweep your arms out to the sides and up until your wrists cross overhead
- Do 2 sets of 16 reps
- Start in downward dog, get on all fours on the mat, tuck toes under and press hips up to form an inverted V
- Shift hips back slightly and bend knees toward chest as you round your back into a tuck, pulling your belly button towards your spine
- Return to downward dog (or jump legs off the floor before returning to tuck) to complete 1 rep
- Do 2 sets of 10 reps
- Lunge right leg out to right, toes pointing right, left leg straight. Press palms together overhead with elbows bent about 90 degrees out to sides (like a genie)
- Keeping hips squared, side bend at waist towards the right
- Next, reach with extended arms toward torso toward right, hold for 1 count. Then pull torso back and bend elbows to return to side bend start position
- Do 10 reps. Switch sides (lunge and bend to left) Repeat. Do 2 sets
Kneeling Leg Circle: Targets shoulders, back, abs, butt, inner and outer thighs
- Kneel on mat, extend your left leg out to the left (keep your toes on the mat) and side bend at the waist to right to place right palm on the mat near your right knee.
- Lift left foot off mat with toes slightly turned out, with leg, slowly draw 10 large clockwise circles, then do 10 counterclockwise circles.
- Switch sides, repeat, Do 2 sets
- Sit on mat with knees bent, feet flat and arms by your sides
- With knees bent lift feet off the mat until shins are nearly parallel to floor and lean torso back 45 degrees into a V-Sit, extend your arms forward
- Slowly roll down spine onto your left side extending legs and reaching arms overhead palms in
- Slowly reverse motion to return to V-Sit, repeat on the right side to complete 1 rep
- Do 2 sets of 10 reps