Try out these snacks to help keep you full and help you lose! There are so many others to add to the list but here are some to get you started-
1. Gum: Ask yourself-Am I hungry? Not sure…grab a piece of gum. It could simply be boardum that just needs to be kept at bay and chewing gum is a good way to keep your mouth busy.
2. Frozen Fruit Bars: With summer coming and the ice cream man making his way back into our neighborhoods, these are a good snack to have on hand. The calorie count is low with these and many are packed with vitamins for an extra bonus!
3. Apples: A 2003 Brazilian study found eating 3 apples a day can keep your weight gain at bay and even help you lose!
4. Total Yogurt: This means skipping the fruit mix ins! Try out Fage Total Greek Yogurt with 0% fat and 80 calories per serving…how do you go wrong?
5. Quaker Express Oatmeal: Oatmeal is generally a filling breakfast or snack and now Quaker has made it even easier to take along to the office!
6. Barbara’s Cinnamon Puffins: 3/4 cup serving is only 100 calories and 6 grams of fiber! Fiber is going to help you feel full longer-easy snack for the afternoon when you need a little something to get you thru til dinner.
7. Kashi Chewey Granola Bars: Check out the chewey ones, they will take you a bit longer to eat with all the chewing you’ll do, but with around 140 calories, 4 grams of fiber and 5 grams of protein-you won’t feel guilty about this snack option.
8. Licorice: Takes longer to chew allowing you to feel full faster and the flavor can actually help reduce your appetite.
9. Soy Chips: Low fat snack with soy protein. A recent study in the International Journal of Obesity shows that soy protein not only facilitates in weight loss, but helps to ensure that the weight you lose is fat, not muscle.
10. Frozen Vegetables: Eat them frozen! Throw them in the freezer for a whole new veggie snack experience. For a 1/2 cup of frozen peas there’s only 55 calories with 3 grams of fiber, and for a 1/2 cup of corn there’s 72 calories with 2 grams of fiber. This will also work with some of your favorite fruits such as grapes…super tasty frozen! And another great fruit to try frozen is…..
11. Bananas: Very filling and low in calories. A medium banana has only 105 calories and 3 grams of fiber, helping you reach that full feeling faster.
12. Nature Valley Granola Thins – Dark Chocolate: They come individually wrapped for easy portability-only 80 calories for this little snack that fulfills my chocolate cravings in the afternoon.
So hopefully that gets your mind moving on what else you can use for healthy snacks. Please comment with some of your favorite snacks to help you get to your next meal. We all develop little “tricks” of the trade and sharing helps us all get thru it together!